Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Quest to become the greatest monocogger ever...eh maybe not

So, right now I am in phase 2 of my training. Yes, that's right; intervals. For those of you not well versed in the interval arts, these are what we call %#@! and bleep bleep and bleeping nescessary evils of cycling. Let's put it this way, I would rather ride the Tilt-a-Whirl 15 times in a row than spending an hour doing these-although, there are no real benefits from riding the Tilt-a-Hurl other than losing a few pounds at your feet after exiting the stupid ride. 

These are the painful intervals. 3 minutes of all out, watching the clock seem to slow down after every minute efforts. I just like the way my HR graph bears an uncanny resemblance to Jughead's hat.

Anyway, these are painful, but intervals are THE best way to increase speed and lactate tolerance.

No comments:

Post a Comment