Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Quest to become the greatest monocogger ever...eh maybe not

So, right now I am in phase 2 of my training. Yes, that's right; intervals. For those of you not well versed in the interval arts, these are what we call %#@! and bleep bleep and bleeping nescessary evils of cycling. Let's put it this way, I would rather ride the Tilt-a-Whirl 15 times in a row than spending an hour doing these-although, there are no real benefits from riding the Tilt-a-Hurl other than losing a few pounds at your feet after exiting the stupid ride. 

These are the painful intervals. 3 minutes of all out, watching the clock seem to slow down after every minute efforts. I just like the way my HR graph bears an uncanny resemblance to Jughead's hat.

Anyway, these are painful, but intervals are THE best way to increase speed and lactate tolerance.