Sunday, April 17, 2011

Trek Fisher Collection Superfly Elite HT



Well, its finally together and something is definitely wrong with this bike. First off; it is way too heavy, 20.2 lbs in a large carbon frame! This is unacceptable. Who every heard of a 29er HT weighing in at 20 lbs. 20 lbs...hmmmm. What can I do to make it even heavier? I will have to work on that. Secondly: it has all of these, these dangly gear changer thingies and all of these round things on the wheel with teeth-I guess they help with easier pedaling-dont know. I must have not have followed the directions correctly or something. I thought this thing was supposed to be a single speed, but it sure doesnt look like one. I will have to go back and re-read to see if I missed something. Thirdly...what on earth will I do with a geared bike? How will this effect my social life? Will people view me differently? What kind of names will they call me? Maybe like " Hey look, isnt that the geared moron who used to be the singlespeed moron?" or "He really is a moron, he doesnt know the difference between a SS and a geared rig-moron." 

The stuff: FSA 2x9 Crank (44/29), Bontrager RXL Wheels, Stem, Post, Grips, Bar, Bontrager Evoke 3 Ti saddle, Avid Juicy Ultimate Brakes, Sram XO Shifters and Rear Derailleur, Sram Hollow pin chain, Shimano Dura Ace 11-25 Ti cassette, Shimano XT front derailleur, Fox F32 Fork, Bontrager XDX Tires, Egg beater pedals .


1 comment: