Friday, April 29, 2011

Trek Rig-Like I needed another bike

Well, as if I needed another bike. Yes, I added a Rig to my collection. Of course I built it from the ground up-is there another way? I have never had an aluminum SS, and one with that crazy new fangled shock absorber! It comes with new FCC hub. For those of you not in the know, that is the Fisher Control Column. Simply put, it has wider flanges to reduce flex in the front wheel. I havent ridden it as of yet, but the bearings are super smooth. I do have to say, though-the paint is as bad as it looks. I dont know what Trek was thinking on this one, but someone fell asleep at the design table, for sure. Mine is getting stripped down and painted Ballet Slipper Pink! Yes pink. I will give more info later, but as of now it weighs 23.3 lbs. Not sure about the whole shock thing, but I will give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment