Monday, October 17, 2011

Felling a Little Tired

Well, now that the mountain bike season is officially over, I can kick back a little and just ride. I am doing 3 more CX races. I dont think I will train specifically for those; I will do some things here and there, but I am just going to enjoy riding for a bit. Legs are feeling the overall racing and training.

This year was a great year for me personally. Learned a bit more about myself. Met some great people and formed some new friendly rivalries in the singlespeed class. Lots of podium spots-8 to be exact. Finishing 1st in the points series was the best I have to say. I have been racing the Cranky Monkey Series since 2006 and this year my hard work paid off. Finishing first in the 12 hours of Cranky Monkey was also a great highlight. Last year saw us in 2nd in the Male Duo 80+ cat. This year teamed up with a 17 year old youngin' and raced in the open class and nailed down the top spot with 12 laps-2 more than last year.

Tomorrow will be a nice road ride and maybe some intervals-eh, its my ride.

2 comments:

  1. dave,
    everytime i think about quitting single-speed racing and go back to the geared side i think of you.. this whole year racing SS with my 42 yo ass lining up next to guys that are only racing SS b/c their pro-card was in the mail (greenbier challenge 2 guys in the line up) or a 130 lb 15 yo or your team mate dan atkins, or a ton of other guys 10 years younger thatn me, made me want to quit...seeing you podium and your results inspire the old guys to keep on mashing.. Next year we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww shucks, you make an old guy whimper. Thanks. It is tough mentally sometimes when you see some of the younger guys there for sure. Dan is fast, and young, and light, etc. Especially on a course with a lot of climbs-which I love-but 183lbs vs 130? I say we have handicaps-like bowling. The ighter rider must wear a backpack with additional weight. Stick to that monocog and you to can be a moron!

    ReplyDelete