Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just some random thoughts

Saturday, we had a 22 rider turn out for the Bike Doctor Shop ride. I missed it by 6 minutes or so; I commuted from home for the first time which added 22 miles each way plus the 30 for the shop ride. I tried to catch the faster group, but just couldnt close the gap. It was still great to have that many people come out. It shows what smaller shops can achieve by just getting out and supporting the the people who support you.

The loop takes you around BWI in a round about way, down to Patapsco and a few places in between. Some good climbs and good people.

This is what it is all about; not the fastest, strongest or the guy or gal who has the the most expensive stuff, its about just getting out and riding. Buuuut, riding with faster people will make you a faster rider as well-just thought I would throw that one out there.

Today I did my longest ride  so far-at least since keeping records. I have done 8 centuries, but that was years ago. It was a great day. Temps were not to chilly and finally the wind was not so bad either. Trying to get some good base stuff in. I found myself in some new places-Whitaker Mill and Singer road. They both have some climbs that I wasnt really looking to do today, but it is always good to get out and explore anyway.

The first 10 days of the year has seen more miles (almost) than all of january last year.
My left knee is developing a tick. It seems to be coming from inside the back part. It isnt painful, but I think it is affecting it in a negative way somehow. My leg feels very fatigued on that side and lacks power to a degree. I guess almost 20 years of tournament softball and diving Pete Rose style at everything will do that. It couldnt be the singlespeed thing-NO WAY! Years of grinding up hills with 32/18 gearing and being over 43 and...and...and.

Anyway, I am tired.

2 comments:

  1. Yes agreed, I'm 47 and ride a Gary Fisher rig with 32/18 gears, some days are harder than others...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you wouldnt have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete