Saturday, November 9, 2013

It has been some time...

Well, this is the longest I have gone without boring you with my usual pointless bantering and frivolous writings; but I figured two months was long enough.

There hasnt been too much happening in the way of racing; ok nothing has been happening.  I aint doin' no kind of dat racin' stuff till next year. I even thought that I may decide to "retire" from racing due to the fact that I am having a blast just riding and doing as many junk miles as possible. In fact, this has been the lowest race total sincel 2007 for the year. Funny thing is, I had some of my best results (at least consistent) this year; all top 5 finishes. I do still have some goals that arent race oriented for the final leg of this year, though.

The goal that is at the top of my list is 450,000 ft of elevation. My previous best was 301,000 from two years ago. As of today, I have amassed 386,000+ ft. All told, I have been really hitting the hills in and around Ellicott City for the past two months where you can easily get 3-4k in a short time. I have been feeling pretty good, but definitely feeling a bit tired.

I am also going to beat my previous best of 7,500 miles in the year as well. A little over 300 miles to go with a month and a half to go.

I have also destroyed last years best of 332 personal records. As of today, I am at 414. I really have felt a bit stronger than the past few years even though I have pretty much abandoned any form of training known to man.

I turn 46 pretty soon and I really dont feel that old, em er young. I am still putting up some pretty good consistent efforts. My recovery seems a bit slow, but again, that is what fun junk miles will do.

Most of my rides are of the road variety with at least two mountain bike rides a week. I am feeling pretty strong on the mountain bike, although my technical skills seem a bit rusty as of late.

On another note, our Aviation Velo kits arrived and man they look great. I have to admit, I
think I did good this time. Hill Killer handled the job and did it well. They look better than I thought. We have had nothing but super positive responses as well. So far, 13 kits are out and about tryn' to get the word out-yeah, that was lame. I do have that Euro look about me though, huh?

So, next year I may just focus on endurance races instead of the short stuff. I have a great co-ed partner in Elizabeth. I really want to do the Shennandoah 100 this year in the SS class so it is going to require a new mindset on my part. We shall see if I can maintain some sort of training plan. Hmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment