Saturday, February 18, 2012

Feeling Really Good Now and Another Fine Performance from Alex

I know it is too early to tell, but I feel really good right now. I have lost 5 lbs. down to 182-my normal weight, still no lightweight by any means, but I feel very strong. I am able to maintain good power on climbs, even on the early stuff. The wind has been really bad, but even with headwinds, I can still maintain 18+.

The Madone is still as amazing as when I first got it. It is a great blend of comfort and performance. If you are in the market for a new road bike, look at the 4 series. It is a great deal. Of course you can come into the Bike Doctor of Linthicum and check them out as well. MIne is over the top with Sram Red stuff, but the insurance check paid for most, so who cares.

Anyway, Alexs' team had a hard victory today against the team that couldnt differentiate between basketball and football. If this were a pro game, the other team would have fouled out most of its players within the first 20 minutes. They won 18-12 and Alex had a different game today. He only scored 8 points in 8 shots, but had 9 assists 5 rebounds and 5 steals and really focused on passing and taking charge of the offense. 64 points on the year with a 77% avg, not bad for 8. The team is now 3-2. The team played very well as a whole. The defense was great considering who they played. He is a great leader and a super cool kid-as are all of my kids!

3 comments:

  1. 18+ in headwinds? Wow... that is strong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josh...Yeah, I paid for it the next day being in the drops that long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I believe it! That's the price if progress, though.

    ReplyDelete