Friday, June 1, 2012

Schultz! Close the gates! The War is back on!

Hogannnn!!!!
Man, one day youre in the hospital, the next your racing again. This sunday is my first race in almost 2 months. It will be interesting to see how everything unfolds at Fair Hill. The past 3 weeks have been some of the toughest for me since they cancelled Hogans Hero's. Thats right... Colonel Klink rules the TV.

I have been riding quite a bit, but still dont feel as good as I did in April.Power is still not consistent, and my HR is still a bit high, but it is getting better.

I will be racing against some good friends as well. Eric Evans, teammate Jon Houghton, Bernie Shaio-hopefully they will have pitty on me and allow me to tag along.

I won this race back in 2010. It is a great course, but I will change my gearing now that I am familiar with the trail. The only thing tough about this race is that it doest have alot of climbs. That is my strength, so it is a little tougher for me on the flatter stuff; weird thing is guys who weigh 183lbs shouldnt be good climbers anyway. I will run a 34/18 as apposed to a 32/19, which will give me 52.1 gear inches; a little taller than the 46.4 current setup.

I know the gang from Hogans Hero's will be with me on sunday and I am hoping this recovery stint doesnt become my Stalag 13...because as Colonel Klink says "No prisoner escapes from Stalag 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment