Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gettin' Ready for Cranky Monkey Race 1

Well, it is that time of year again. Pigs are starting to fly; hell is freezing over and monkeys are flying...uhhhhh, onward. So, my favorite race series is upon us here on the east coast. I have to admit, I am not as excited as I usually am. This year has been a rough one for me, at least from a physical stand point. I have only raced once since my episodes with a 6th place finish at Fairhill (although I wasnt supposed to be on the bike), so I feel a bit intimidated. I did real well at last years series winning the series in the SS class...duh. I will get to catch up with some old friends like Hans and Mark Hagen.

I feel pretty good right now. I feel almost as good as I did in april. My power is almost 100% with my endurance getting close. Last week I put in some long road rides with hard efforts. I have been doing limited MTB rides to try and focus more on smooth, out of the saddle mashing, so we will see how it all plays out next weekend.