Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gettin' Ready for Cranky Monkey Race 1

Well, it is that time of year again. Pigs are starting to fly; hell is freezing over and monkeys are flying...uhhhhh, onward. So, my favorite race series is upon us here on the east coast. I have to admit, I am not as excited as I usually am. This year has been a rough one for me, at least from a physical stand point. I have only raced once since my episodes with a 6th place finish at Fairhill (although I wasnt supposed to be on the bike), so I feel a bit intimidated. I did real well at last years series winning the series in the SS class...duh. I will get to catch up with some old friends like Hans and Mark Hagen.

I feel pretty good right now. I feel almost as good as I did in april. My power is almost 100% with my endurance getting close. Last week I put in some long road rides with hard efforts. I have been doing limited MTB rides to try and focus more on smooth, out of the saddle mashing, so we will see how it all plays out next weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Look'n forward to seeing ya too! It should be a dusty one out there. I hav'nt riden the trail but checked out the trail head from my road bike and it looked dry. What gearing you running (or does a gentleman never tell)? No need to worry about me as the competition...i've been mid-pack-mark all year! I'm gonna miss the other two races unfortuately. Quant i'm gonna be outta town and I'm waivering between FH and that cross race the same weekend and leaning towards the cross race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no gentleman sir! Last year I ran a 17, not sure this year. I will probably move to an 18. Eh, you never know man. I never discount anyone. On any given day, anyone can win. That is why this sport is so cool.

    ReplyDelete