Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bakers Dozen with my blind racer date partner thing

Now, I have never been on a blind date; of course I really havent been on a date since 1987. I have raced Bakers for the last 4 years. It is a fun course and weather can be anywhere from 40° to 75° ( I am hoping for 75°). I have done a 2 man 2x's, solo singlespeed and this year will be my first ever co-ed adventure. This doesnt really have anything at all to with dating.

What would normally happen is that you team up with someone you know or at least know through friends. This is a bit unusual in the fact that I have know idea who Elizabeth Hunter is! My friend and SS racing nemesis John Houghton asked if I knew anyone interested in a 2 person co-ed for Bakers and I said me! I was signed up for solo SS ,but I had so much fun riding with my friend Blake Bricker doing a 2 man (we finished 3rd in the male open-we would have been 1st in the 2 person geezer cat), that I thought this would be a blast. I have never done a co-ed race so I am really looking forward to it.

I have been following Elizabeth on Strava and her me, and we look to be in the top 5 from what I have seen of the list. She is a strong rider. Her only fault? She doesnt ride a SS. Oh well, nobody is perfect. She raced there last year, but says she wants to be competitive this year so she is looking forward to it as well.

Hopefully this year I dont suffer from a concussion and get Rhabdo. My wife still thinks I am an idiot for finishing the race. Idiot? I had to remind her that is Moron. Idiot denotes a completely different "type" of moron. I like to consider myself the more intelligent form of moron. I will let Elizabeth form her own opinion. Who knows, this may become a habit and we become the greatest blind co-ed team ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment