Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Looking forward to Bakers

I think, wait…the word I am looking for escapes me…the word is MIRACLE! Yes I will actually have a race this weekend! Bakers Dozen (13 hour lapped race) with Liz and Alex and we are looking to throw it down. Thirteen hours of mountain biking ho-down in Leesburg, Va. This is one of my all-time favorites and the last two years has seen a second and a third…aint gonna be nothin' but first this year. Again, this is my first 3 person coed, so it will be a lot of fun. The last four years, I have done solo and two person. The three person format will allow for some much needed rest in between laps. We have always done doubles (doing two consecutive laps, instead of one on and one off). This year we will be competing against 25 other teams of three, so giddy-up partner and ride hard.

I am super excited to FINALLY get to race my new Ritchey P-29er SS. Now if we could just get Alex to make the move to the dark side and get rid of those stupid, loud and obnoxious extra weight, we would be perfect. I haven't decided on the gearing yet, but in the past I have run 32x18 and spun out rather quickly, so I will probably run a 32x17 set up.


So, it is first or nothing this year and I couldn't ask for a better team.

On another note, here is the rankings (by points awarded by Strava based on how high up in each segment you place). Not bad for a 46 year old monologging fool. 6th out of 2200+ riders aint too shabby. the only 40+ year old in the top 10 I might add. I think it is very cool to be able to ride hard and see how you are progressing (or digressing in some cases).


No comments:

Post a Comment