Friday, August 24, 2012

What Race Season?

Well, this year has been a big fat ugly wash for me. What started out to be the most promising season for me has just taken a big dump in the toilet of cycling life. I have been off the bike since monday and eating crap food to boot; if I keep this up I will look like White Goodman at the end of Dodgeball.

I have decided to pull the plug on this years race season. It will be the first time I havent been in the Cranky Monkey series since 2006. CX season will be a no show either. My body just isnt responding to what my brain wants it to do...stupid body. I am going to try and do our bike shop ride tomorrow and see what happens. I havent done anything hard in over a week so this should be interesting.

My MRI results came back negative, so that is good; but the neurologist seems to be pointing to Lyme's...again. I had my blood drawn a few days ago and awaiting the results. I had that crap a few years back and was able to catch it in time with antibiotics so no harm done. I also have to go for an eye exam because of some blurriness in my left eye-should "eye" go on? That was bad. Anyway, I am thankful I can at least still ride; just not to the degree I was able to before.

Maybe with some time (steady rising horns with a touch of synth and tribal beat) I SHALL OVERCOME THESE TEMPORARY SETBACKS AND LIKE THE PHOENIX RISING FROM THE ASHES...DEFEAT THE ENEMY AND REGAIN MY RIGHTFUL POSITION AS THE SINGLESPEED MORON! Uh, what was that all about? So in a nutshell, I am coming back to ride more betterer than before.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Bro..good news on the MRI results! Time off will be good for ya...you put in a ton of hours this year (um yea dude that 8 (maybe it was 10 i duno) hour week after yer apendix surgery was legendary (i tell people about it all the time..my wife wants to meet you?!?) and at the same time a bit much... have a melow fall. figure out whats going on. keep riding and you'll come back on form for 2013! I'm thinnking about skipping CX season too or at least tone it down...the mid-atlantic CX hype is driving me nuts and the fam is not digging my bike racing habbit much. Hang in there dude! MH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark. Tell your wife she can meet me only if she bakes me a cake:) It's funny, I have to force myself to ride now. I havent been doing anything lengthy at all. I am going to "try" and keep my rides under 30 miles. The whole CX thing is not that big a deal to me anyway-you are right about the hype though...a little too serious. I have been married 22 years, and my wife is more worried about me not riding!

    ReplyDelete