Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sometimes you just have to say...

Needless to say, my ride time and intensity have been low for the last month. I have only been riding between 100 and 125 miles a week. Most of the rides are relatively easy, but the  body still thinks they are much harder than they should be. For the first time, I can honestly say I cant wait to get some medicine in this here 45 year old body and get back to normal.

Today was our weekly Bike Doctor group ride and as usual 12 AFC guys including myself started off at a much faster pace than I had hoped. My goal was to ride a little harder, but not try and maintain the usual 20+ mph pace. Well...that didnt quite go as planned. I did find myself moving at 22+mph for the first 15 miles; I even had a pull up one of the tougher climbing segments. I felt ok, but not anywhere near normal. I ended up at 19.9 mph for the ride and 1600ft of climbing for 28 miles.

Overall, I am ok with how I rode, but cant wait to get back to normal (physically, anyway). Tomorrow is the last CM race at Fountainhead and I am not as bummed as I thought I would be. I guess knowing I cant ride like I want makes it a little easier to not be there. Good luck to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment