Friday, October 26, 2012

Feeling da Powa!

I have to admit, it was rough going there for a while; not sure if this nonsense would ever go away or get worse. I struggled from time to time deciding if I should take a hiatus from the bike. Every ride seemed to point to that direction. I saw a handful of doctors that told me I should take a byeak-I sorta did. Dizzy spells, headaches, weakness and just plain depression. What I learned from this whole thing leads me to my favorite quote; Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. Harriet Beecher Stowe.
My race season ended in may which looking back now, was a good thing. I took it easy- even if not by choice and really had a chance to lay back and enjoy riding for what it is. Now, that certainly didnt mean that I hit the rails to trails and took pictures of wildlife, I rode hard, but without structure and meaning; I just rode hard, but fun. I know it doesnt make sense, but it is my blog and I will not make sense when time allows. 

Now, one thing that I have been doing more of (hate to admit it) and that is hitting the road more. No, I am not changing my blog to Road Bike Moron or Gears are Great Moron, this has just allowed me to rest up a bit more and still get in 125+ miles a week. This past week is the first week since may that I felt almost back to my old self. I have been moving up the KOM board and reclaiming some others as well on a lot of the climbs that even when I was feeling good, could maintain the power to the top. 

Tuesday was the first hills workout since april and it was great. 1100ft in 9.4 miles. Four climbs were 11% grades or more and was loving my 53/19 setup again. Jeff (Bike Doctor boss guy) and I have been riding together 3 times a week and it has helped both of us. He hasnt been riding much at all and he is starting to push harder and really feels the bug again.  Me, it allows me to ride at different paces and still push him as well.

So, there is a lot to look forward to this coming year. My enthusiasm has returned and as long as you have enthusiasm, everything else follows right along. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...the first sounds like a winner. I t is tough keeping "pace" with all of these comments.

    ReplyDelete