Monday, November 5, 2012

Enjoying the Road...Love Boat Style

Yeah, I know; there was a time when I thought that I would rather sit and watch re-runs of the Love Boat while eating snail turds and farting razor blades than wasting time on a road bike. Well, I still enjoy re-runs of the Love Boat and farting razor blades and have been really having fun out on the open road.

It is just so nice to suit up and leave from the front door and not have to clean anything afterwards. I wish that I looked as cool as Isaac with that awesome stache. I think I would gain more respect, too.

Anyway, the nice thing about the road thing is that you can structure your workouts with more constancy. Being on the MTB doesnt allow for smoother rpms and allows for more consistent hill repeats...yay-hills baby! It has definetely helped me-well at least last year and earlier this year with my endurance as well. Now, these are no secrets to anyone; at least to people that know the secret to mtb success. As the song says "promises something for everyone." You dont have to go full out for a road bike either; head down to your LBS and check out used bikes first-especially this time of year. While your at it, hook up with a local club ride, too; you will get faster by default. I know this because the Love Boat doesnt lie-"Love, exciting and new
Come Aboard. We're expecting you. Love, life's sweetest reward. Let it flow, it floats back to you."

Dont be afraid of the road-just stay safe and have fun and  if you can wear a fro like Isaac, you will forever have my respect-stay single!


No comments:

Post a Comment