Friday, November 16, 2012

Stranger things have happened

This has been a fun but a little bit of an odd week for me. Those of you that know me-and it is fine if that remains our little secret-know I am a pixel pusher, at least by trade. The last few years I have been a pedal pusher. "Pssst, hey man, wanna by a bike?" as my trench coat jingles and jangles with the sounds of your two wheeled fix. Anyway, for years I tried to escape the dark, dank confines of corporate america and it's cubicle laden oppressed atmosphere. Working at Aviation Velo (formerly Bike Doctor) has given me that freedom that I was looking for. Working on, selling, riding and doing everything bikes has allowed me to be myself and not trying to fit that mold of artsy fartsy computer artist...er um guy.

So as luck would have it, Bike Doctor of Linthicum has decided to go AWOL from the franchise and venture into new, uncharted waters... for a three hour tour. The weather started getting rough...whoooaaa-flashback Skipper. So somehow I landed the job of....yup pixel pusher web guy again, In a bike shop?!?!?!? Never thought that it would go this route and honestly, wasnt real sure I would enjoy doing it again. Thoughts of fake people wearing fake facial disguises to mask their true identities came to the surface. Much to my shagrin, I am really getting back into it. It will never be at the 9-5 level anymore, but this has been really cool. I have control over what I do and when I do it-as long as it is done by december 31st!

It is still in its infancy, but it is coming along pretty good. I had to dust off the Dreamweaver  side of my brain and get a little jump start, but it is slowly coming back. Still a few kinks to work out here and there, but overall pleased with what has come about so far. It loads a bit slow, but that is because I have a large background image that needs to be reduced.Here is the link to the sight so far. Some links havent been linked and still working with making sure that it previews well in the popular browsers. http://aviationvelo.com/. Enjoy and get out of that cubicle and enjoy the outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment